Metal Roofing and Solar: A Match Made in The Heavens
When you re-roof your home, considering solar panel installation along with a quality metal roof is a wise, forward-thinking move. Here’s why:
- A solar panel system on your roof is one of the best ways to generate power by taking
advantage of space you aren’t using- the top of your home.
- Our durable and lasting metal roof works well as a base beneath traditional solar panels
or as a roof surrounding integrated solar shingles.
2 Solar Panel Options with Our Quality Metal Roofs
We provide you with two options for having a rooftop that also generates power for your home. Either option works wonderfully with our metal roofing brands and styles.
Mounted Solar Panels
Traditional photovoltaic solar panels mounted to the top of your long-lasting metal roof helps to ensure that your roof will outlast the solar panels. The opposite is true of asphalt shingles.
Integrated Solar Panels
Solar shingles integrated into the field of metal shingles effectively reduces the cost of your solar installation by eliminating the metal roof where solar is installed.
Integrated Solar Panels work well with our modular roof panels, as the solar panels can easily replace sections of the roof.
2 Systems Working Together for Your Home’s Energy Production and Cost Savings
Homeowners reap many benefits from our metal roofing working in tandem with a solar panel system. Here’s the start of a list, and perhaps a conversation.
- Long lifespan. Metal roofing lasts longer than typical asphalt shingles, which need to be replaced every 10-12 years. This longer lifespan means no painful re-roofing jobs, complicated further by the solar panels.
- Weather and fire-resistance. Our roofs are manufactured to weather and other challenges, including hail, extreme winds, and even fire. This protects your investment in solar power generation even further.
- Energy costs savings. Along with solar power generation reducing your traditional energy consumption, our metal roofing can reduce energy costs up to 20%, giving a one-two punch of reducing cost and generating your own power.
- Low-weight and recycled construction. The construction of metal roofing is important. Our roofs are made of mostly recycled metals. It can often be directly installed over old roofing and improves the structural life of the building due to its low weight.
- Efficiently transfers heat. A metal roof addresses all 3 forms of heat transfer to achieve a roofing system of maximum energy efficiency. Radiant heat from the sun is reflected by the special coatings we use on all of our products. Conductive heat is dissipated before reaching the attic. Convective heat flows out of the ventilation system.
- Customizable and beautiful. Available in a variety of colors and styles, our metal products are more customizable than other forms of roofing. We have styles that resemble wooden shake, tile, or even slate. Specialty colors for a match or providing a striking contrast enhance the beauty of your home.
- Expertly installed. A high-quality roof is made effective by a high-quality installation, something experienced and professional roofing crews are happy to provide. Take advantage of their years of experience and craftsmanship to enjoy a well-installed roof. We can match your needs to a quality contractor in your area.
Experience the Difference: Our Metal Roofing System Matched to a Solar Panel System
Our metal roofing is truly the best partner of solar panels for residential use. As the leader in the metal roofing industry, we’re here to help you find the very best roofing and best solar match for your home.
Yes! I want to know more about how to best meet my needs for putting roofing and solar together for the beauty, protection, and efficiency of my home.
Explore the wide variety of styles and colors available in our American Made metal shingle brands. No matter which style or color you choose, our products partner with solar panel installation for great performance and durability.
Our metal roofing systems are truly the best partner of solar panels for residential use. And, they are available NOW. Putting the right roofing and solar together just makes sense.
We help homeowners find their best roofing solutions without pressure or obligation. Start to learn more here or reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-543-8938, and choosing option 1 for Customer Service.