Building with Aluminum with Chuck Johnson and Ryan Roush
August 10, 2022
As the world moves toward being energy-efficiency, consumers are changing their perspective on the materials they prefer in building and construction. Aluminum’s low weight, high strength, and green attributes position it perfectly as a disruptor. Studies have shown increasing demand in the major aluminum markets and corresponding investment.
Most of the aluminum used in 2021 was recycled, over three-quarters of it! This fundamental integration with recycling makes aluminum an excellent eco-friendly option that continues to serve major markets well.
Joining us today are Chuck Johnson, CEO and president of The Aluminum Association, and Ryan Roush, COO of JW Aluminum, a leading producer of flat-rolled aluminum products. Both bring a different perspective on the aluminum market and have a wealth of information to share.
Tune in to learn about aluminum leading the way!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Chuck’s mission with aluminum
- What sets The Aluminum Association apart
- Discussion of a study done on the growth of the aluminum market
- The sustainability of aluminum in construction
- Four major trends contributing to the growth of aluminum
- The energy efficiency of aluminum
- Future job opportunities in the aluminum industry
To learn more about aluminum, go to www.aluminum.org.