Crafting a Reputable Business with Charlie Bellefontaine
January 25, 2023
“With any professional, the three most important words we should be referring to is reputation, reputation, reputation. Value your reputation. All it takes is one dumb, rude, unthinking action to go ahead and ruin a perfectly good reputation.” –Charlie Bellefontaine, Licensed Home Inspector and Radio Host.
As a home inspector, you hold tremendous responsibility in making sure homes are safe and livable for clients. Homebuyers, homeowners, and realtors alike need to trust your judgment. Once you foster this base of trust, your reputation is critical to continued success and earning referrals.
Charlie Bellefontaine has been a home inspector for 30 years and holds reputation as one of the cornerstones of his business. If you visit his website, you’ll find several points assuring potential customers that their expectations will be exceeded and that each inspector is vetted for their experience and knowledge.
Charlie and his company deliver a vital service that relies heavily on trust. So how does your business deal with trust? How will a good reputation catapult you to the next level?
Topics discussed in this interview:
- Discovering a passion for home inspection
- A memorable inspection and the value of heeding advice
- What does it take to be a home inspector? And what should it take?
- Change in home inspection over the years
- The role of the realtor and their relationships with other professionals
- Advances in roof safety
- The ethics of contracting and home inspection
- The importance of reputation
- Rapid-fire questions