Solar Energy and Off-Grid Power Storage with Spencer Christensen
August 3, 2022
Solar energy has been a hot topic for many years, but recently it’s taken a big leap forward. With affordable home energy storage, solar is closer to being a viable energy source. More than ever, finding an alternative to fossil fuels and something more sustainable is crucial. As temperatures rise and natural disasters mount, we cannot ignore the need for renewable energy.
Solar power has come a long way since its inception. Now you can install a battery in your home and store enough power for your whole home. But how can you know if your home is right for solar or energy storage?
An industry trailblazer, Spencer Christensen, joins us on today’s podcast to give us the inside scoop on everything solar! From Salt Lake City, Utah, Spencer is the co-founder of Home Grid Energy and the director of Lithion Battery Inc. He is highly experienced and knowledgeable about solar energy and wants to share the future of energy with our listeners. The way we build homes is evolving, and the trades job market is following suit as solar becomes more popular.
Tune in for an exciting and information-packed conversation!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- What attracted Spencer to the solar energy industry?
- The future of home power generation
- What are home grid batteries?
- The benefits of storing energy with batteries
- LIP vs. NMC batteries
- Info on the ABC Supply Sustainability Experience Center in National City, California
- How roofers are key to solar panel installation
- Spencer’s thoughts on integrated solar
- What is the typical battery size and the best place to put it in the home?
- Exciting things happening in solar
- Which parts of the country are adopting solar energy?
- Advice for people wanting to enter the solar energy industry