Take Control of Your Future with Ken Rusk
January 9, 2023
“Beyond your bills, beyond next month, why are you here? What are you trying to build for yourself? You’re much more in control of your future than you think you are. You just have to give yourself the confidence and the courage to recognize that.” Ken Rusk, Rusk Industries and Author of Blue Collar Cash
Choosing a career is a decision we all undertake younger than we likely should. Whether attending college or trade school or heading to work straight from high school, the world of work is changing rapidly. Author, ditch-digger, and entrepreneur Ken Rusk proposes that we ditch the current model. Instead of focusing on college prep and getting the right degree, choose your career first to build the life you want.
Too often, we undervalue blue-collar work, choosing unhelpful degrees and debt over in-demand jobs with job security in spades. Working his way from ditch digger to owner, Ken shares his experience in his book, Blue Collar Cash. Aimed at anyone who needs a career change, Ken’s bestselling book guides you on the path to a fulfilling life and work. His message is empowering, challenging you to define your ideal life and boldly live it out.
Topics discussed in this interview:
- The story behind Ken’s bio
- Ken’s start in blue-collar work and his journey so far
- Shift in education to college prep over career
- Tailoring your business to modern realities
- Reversing the current mindset on careers and school
- Empowering your employees to grow your business
- Two stories of changed lives
- The power of investing and compound interest
- Trade schools and valuing blue-collar work
- Choose a specific degree for a specific line of work
- Rapid-fire questions
Visit Ken’s website, kenrusk.com, check out his book Blue Collar Cash, and enroll in his course.