Transparency and Buyer-Centric Sales with Chris Duprey
July 12, 2023
“Buyers don’t want to get pitched. They want to know they can trust you. They want to know that you understand what’s going on in their environment. They want to know that you actually can solve their thing, and they don’t want to make a mistake.”
Chris Duprey, Chief Customer Officer at Impact
Vulnerability and transparency are hard traits to display for all of us, much less a for-profit business. We typically sell our strengths and explain away our weaknesses, avoiding objections like the plague. Tough customer questions create awkward situations, even as salespeople miss the point of selling.
Chris Duprey of IMPACT enthusiastically proposes a buyer-centric vision for sales. Why not meet objections head-on? Why not get ahead of the curve on price, quality, and common objections? Buyers ruthlessly research products and services ahead of time, and they should. We all want to make the right investment of time, money, and convenience.
In this episode, Chris introduces a concept, They Ask You Answer, and dives into his journey to today as he leads IMPACT’s business coaching division.
Topics discussed in this interview:
- – What does IMPACT do, and how did it start?
- – How does They Ask You Answer apply to contractors?
- – Which roles does Chris play at IMPACT?
- – How does IMPACT differ from a traditional inbound marketing agency?
- – The journey from Army officer to executive
- – The benefits of meditation
- – Challenging existing thinking for greater success
- – The power of knowing your market
- – The evolution of buying behavior
- – Positioning yourself as the expert
- – Answering the hard questions as a business
- – Transparency with customers
- – Buyer-centric sales
- – Rapid fire questions